Friday, March 14, 2008

Virtual Reality - The Winner Is...

Just as I posted last night, and as if he were reading my mind, I got an email from my friend Sam Bahour in Ramallah, telling me that G.ho.st, the extraordinary software company that creates a virtual desktop for you anywhere you go (think of it as Vista and Office following you around like Gmail; Google's dream, in fact), has placed in Computerworld's top ten most innovated companies for 2007. Did I mention that G.ho.st is a joint venture of two development teams, one in Modiin, Israel and the other in Ramallah, Palestine? Dare we imagine what they'd achieve if their development meetings did not themselves have to be virtual? Oh, and did I mention that Sam, an American-Palestinian technology entrepreneur, whom Israel should wish there were a thousand of, is still fighting for a resident status that would allow him to stay in Ramallah with his family and yet travel to and from Palestine?