Monday, May 21, 2012

Portnoy, Free At Last!

Last week, I linked to The Chronicle Review's excerpt from Promiscuous, but to the chagrin of many (myself included, I confess), it was put behind a paywall. I am happy to say that the excerpt has now been liberated. You can read it here.

I need not add, do I?, that I am counting on this blog's loyal readers--who after all have had a pretty good deal these past four years--to send the excerpt to friends, post it on Facebook pages, and generally make nuisances of themselves sharing the fun of this book. My thanks to Chronicle Review editor, and Portnoy officianado, Evan Goldstein, for the excerpt's freedom. You can order the book here. (Well, go ahead. I'm waiting...)

2 comments:

Bernard Avishai said...

yes, an officionado is an aficianado in an official position. It is not a misspelling.

Potter said...

You are funny- but not as funny as the opening pages of Portnoy itself. I was waiting for my thumb xray today at MGH and laughing out aloud, that is, after laughing as I read it bedside. And recognizing-- this is still my life ( so far) . Well not exactly, transposed a bit, but it's recognizable.

So how can I order your book YET? Well maybe because I just made some room on my shelf.

Thank you for focussing on this and for your excerpt and again good luck with the book.